February 11, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Top Ten Tuesday is THE bookish meme, hosted by the wonderful ladies at The Broke and the Bookish, the book blog that hooked me on all other book blogs! I’m a sucker for bookish memes, so here we go…
Today’s topic is Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon, and boy do I love a good swoon! I’ve decided to share my top five YA books and my top five adult fiction books, so here we go 🙂
Young Adult Fiction
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I can’t imagine that many people would consider this a swoony book, but I have two words for you: Jonah Griggs. ‘Nuff said!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I know I’ve mentioned this book in almost every list, but it fits so many different themes! And Étienne is full of the swoon 🙂
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: Those Garrett boys are so very swoony, and it’s not even the ones you’d expect – Jase is pretty awesome, but George’s cuteness is guaranteed to make me swoon every day of the week.
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith: This book is described as You’ve Got Mail in book form with two teenagers and it’s so swoony! Even better, Graham is an actor and he suggests Ellie’s town for as the setting for his new movie so they can meet – Ellie is essentially living every teenaged girl’s dream 🙂
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: Xander is charming, loyal AND smart, and he’s a big part of what makes me swoon when reading this book.
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: This book makes me swoon every time I read it, I love that Lincoln and Beth fall in love with each other without even meeting first – it’s so very sweet!
- Any book by Nora Roberts: Nora Roberts is the master of romance; I’ve yet to read one of her books that didn’t make me swoon 🙂
- The Best Man by Kristan Higgins: The love/hate relationship between Faith and Levi is so cute and swoony, how she never realised that he had feelings for her is beyond me…
- Any book by Bella Andre: Yes, Bella Andre’s books are a little bit on the insta-love side, but I still find them swoony and I”m totally hooked on her Sullivans series!
- Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance by Penny Reid: I must say, I’d never heard of this author and was only expecting a light read from this book but I was pleasantly surprised! Janie was so adorable and her romance with Quinn very swoony, even if she was a bit ditzy 🙂
So there you have it! It’s pretty much the boys that make the books so swoony, but that’s to be expected really… Are there any on my list that you agree with?