February 9, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Super Six Sunday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by the lovely ladies at Bewitched Bookworms 🙂
Today’s topic is Series You Were (or Will Be) Sad to See End. I ended up choosing two modern-day series that are my all-time favourites, two series from my childhood that I adore and two current series which have not yet finished that I can’t get enough of. Allow me to recommend you six of my favourite series I was and will be sad to see end 🙂
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: If I have to explain this to you, you’re either from another planet or you’ve been living under a rock for the past 17 years! I reckon I cried for most of the last third of the book, more so because it was all coming to an end than because it was sad!
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins: I’ve only recently read this but it’s very quickly become one of my all-time favourite series ever. I procrastinated for years before I finally read this series, and I’m glad that I finally pushed myself to do it. Thankfully, this series isn’t completely over yet, at least not when you consider the two-part movie adaptation of Mockingjay which is yet to be released 🙂
- Anne of Green Gables Series by L. M. Montgomery: My childhood favourite series, it never gets old for me. I loved watching Anne and Gilbert’s story grow over the years, and then the story of all the beautiful Blythe children that followed! I was sad to see this series end, I always wanted to know more and more about the Blythe family.
- Tomorrow Series by John Marsden: Another series from my childhood, and the only one on my list set in Australia. This series is epic and I was sad to see it end, even if it did freak me out a bit. However, Marsden’s world lives on in The Ellie Chronicles, but I’ve only read the first book in this series.
- Anna and the French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins: Isla and The Happily Ever After is (hopefully) due to be released this year, and I’m dying to read it. Although, on the other hand, that means the series will be finished and I’m not sure how I’m going to cope with that! At least Isla will feature more Anna and Étienne! Gotta love those two 🙂
- My Life Next Door Series by Huntley Fitzpatrick: This series has one book released so far and another coming out in 2015 – I don’t know how many books will end up being written as part of this series, but I know I’ll be devastated when it finishes. No more Garrett family! Not cool…
There you have it! Any books on my list that take your fancy? What books would you recommend?