February 17, 2015 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Top Ten Tuesday is THE bookish meme, hosted by the wonderful ladies at The Broke and the Bookish, the book blog that hooked me on all other book blogs! I’m a sucker for bookish memes, so here we go…
Today’s topic is Top Ten Book Related Problems I have. I haven’t done one of these since late last year, which is just a travesty! I thought I’d jump back in with this topic, I reckon I’ll be able to drum up some answers. Anyhoo, in no particular order here’s my list 🙂
- Too Many Books, Too Little Time: There’s so many books I want to read and the list just keeps on growing! Unfortunately, there’s just not enough time in the day to read everything I want to read.
- Library Fees: I can’t seem to return my books on time – case in point, at the moment I have four overdue books out. Given that I live 1.5 hours away from my library, it’s not always easy to get there, but I never plan ahead and look at when my books are due back so I can co-ordinate it with a visit to Melbourne.
- Moving House is Painful: I lived in the same house from when I was born until I was almost 21 years old (but for stayng on campus for university). In the six years since, I’ve moved 5 times. This year alone, it’s possible that I may move another 3 times: back to Melbourne to the house my parents are renting, into my parents’ new house once built and into a house of my own. I have books all over the place, in suitcases and on bookshelves, and I dread moving them. Not fun AT ALL.
- Limited Attention Span: I’ll start a book, and then I’ll put it down and won’t pick it back up again for AGES. In the meantime, I’ll do the same with another five books. I get in these moods where I can’t concentrate and nothing takes my fancy. Super annoying!
- Lack of Organisation: I’m behind with my ARCs because I started receiving a whole bunch at once and didn’t prioritise them by release date. I’m also all over the place with series I’ve started and with organising my books in general. I need to get on top of this PRONTO.
- I Buy Books and Don’t Read Them: This one links back in to the first point, but I’ve lost track of the amount of books I own and haven’t read. I’m fairly certain I have an addiction to buying books, I’ll just go to Big W and look around the book section in the hopes of finding something new!
- Books Give Me All The Feels: In January alone, All the Bright Places and I Was Here both brought me to tears. I then re-read the Harry Potter series and bawled like a baby at the end of books 4-7. I’ve read those books so many times I’ve lost count, and yet I still cry. What’s up with that?!
- The Anticipation is Driving Me Crazy: As a book blogger, I like to keep up with what’s being released in the future. This is both wonderful and not-so-great… It’s wonderful because I have all these books to look forward to, but I find out about them so far in advance that the waiting drives me completely bonkers. I’m not the most patient of people and when I want something I want it NOW.
- I Don’t Stop Talking: In general I’m a talkative person, but I talk about books a lot. Like, A LOT a lot. I’m sure I bore people stupid, but that’s me!
- People Ask For Reccs: Thanks to point number 9, I’m known as the girl who loves to read and I often get asked for recommendations. I don’t mind giving them to people I know SUPER well, like my mum and my besties, but I’m not so comfy giving them to other people. I’m always worried that they won’t like what I suggest, because I don’t know them well enough to KNOW what they’d like.
There you have it, that’s my list! How about you, what did you have on your list?