November 18, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Holly of NutFreeNerd! Thanks Holly! Make sure you pop on over and check out her blog 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions they’ve sent you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people.
1. Favorite holiday?
I love the Labour Day Public Holiday, it’s the second Monday in March in Victoria (other Australian States don’t celebrate it at the same time). My birthday in on 9 March, and invariably falls on this long weekend – next year, it’s on the public holiday! Between leap years and whatnot, it’s very rare that my birthday falls on a weekday, which is why I love this holiday so much! I know, I’m strange 🙂
2. If you could only write one type of blog post for the rest of you life (lists, book reviews, wrap-ups, etc.) what would it be and why?
I enjoy writing meme posts more than I do reviews, think Top Ten Tuesday, Life of a Blogger, all the various tags. I find them easier to write than reviews, reviews can take me a bit more time which I don’t always have. That being said, I love to read and talk about books, and reviewing is a big part of that!
3. Hogwarts, Middle-Earth, or the Tardis?
Hogwarts. Hands down. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be.
4. What is the best book you’ve been assigned to read in high school?
Gah, high school ended nine years ago for me, so I can’t really remember what books we were assigned. I’d probably have to say So Much To Tell You by John Marsden, an Aussie classic. I always wanted to read Looking for Alibrandi in VCE, it was on the list but now I’m really glad we didn’t – I’d hate to have dissected it so much that it would ruin it for me.
5. Do you like to paint your nails? If so, what color is you go-to hue? (like the rhyme?)
I love coral colours, and Sally Hansen nail polishes are alway pretty great. I don’t have a photo of my own nails all prettily painted, but here’s one I’ve found that shows what I like:
It’s more the pinky-corals that I love, not so much the orange version. If only nail polish wasn’t so expensive here in Australia!
6. If you could be paid to do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Travel, I would love to be paid to travel. It’s something I love to do and it costs money, so to be paid to do it would be THE BEST.
7. Favorite day of the week?
Saturday, definitely Saturday. It’s a day off from work, and you don’t have to go to work the next day! It’s practically perfect! Unlike that damn Sunday, when Monday comes far too soon…
8. Favorite joke?
I’m not much of a joke person… Instead, allow me to share one of the funniest moments ever on TV, from one of my favourite TV shows:
Read-a-thon, for sure. Or a TV show binge, I could watch episode after episode. For some reason I get bored watching movies for too long. My attention span is all over the place!
10. Where’s Waldo?
Right here! (And he’s called Wally in Australia)
- What’s your favourite book outside of the genre you read most often?
- Any TV shows in particular that you’re addicted to right now?
- Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring? And why?
- Do you have a favourite place to read?
- What’s your favourite book to visual adaptation?
- Do you listen to audiobooks and, if so, where do you get them from?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Most recent holiday? Any more planned?
- Sweets or savouries?
- What is the thing you love most about blogging?
- Shaheen at Speculating on SpecFic
- Emily at The Loony Teen Writer
- Josie at terre rit à fluers
- Cait at Notebook Sisters (soon to be Paper Fury)
- Jeann at Happy Indulgence
- Eugenia at Genie in a Book
- Kelly at Diva Booknerd
- Brit at Crash My Book Party
- Sunny from A Sunny Spot Blog
- The Gals at Book Nerd Reviews
I unintentionally kept this very local to Australia! Check out their blogs if you’re not already following, they’re awesome!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂