July 27, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
I’ve decided that I’m in need of a readathon, something to kick start my reading into gear. I used to LOVE doing readathons when I was younger, so this was a no-brainer when I stumbled across it 🙂
- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from August 11th to September 1st. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for three weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
- Sign up at Novel Heartbeat or at Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for their grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 24th.
- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky on either host’s blog! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! (You are welcome to use the template they provide as well.)
- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so they can see that you participated.
I’m not quite sure what my goals are going to be yet, so I’ll check in closer to the start date with them and keep updating you guys of my progress as I go along… Fingers crossed it goes well!
EDIT 10/8: I’ve posted my goals and progress post, which I’ll keep updating as the readathon goes on, you can find it here!