April 2, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Welcome to another edition of Wednesday’s Weekly Wrap-Up! For lack of a better title, this is where I share with you all of the (mostly bookish) interesting bits and pieces I’ve bumbled across in the past week 🙂
Sorry for no WWW last week, I was in Melbourne for work and had very crappy internet, along with no time to preschedule the post – I’m working on these things! Anyhoo, I know I’m doing the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, but I didn’t want to let another week go without posting some of the things I’ve come across 🙂
Firstly, I can’t let this post go any longer without acknowledging the end of HIMYM. I don’t think I’ve had such a connection to characters to a TV show since Friends, and it was very sad to see it end. I watched it the other day and I sobbed through A LOT of it, especially the last 15 minutes or so. I won’t spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen it, but I know it’s polarised viewers. A lot hated it, but I didn’t. I didn’t LOVE it, much like I didn’t love the Friends finale, and that’s my favouritest TV show ever. But I thought it was realistic in that it showed that life is not all about the happily ever afters. Things happen and life doesn’t always go as planned, but sometimes that’s okay too. It may not have been the happily ever after people were expecting but I think that’s what Carter Bays and Craig Thomas were trying to do, and I agree with the Sydney Morning Herald that it was the finale for the devoted fans – certainly this devoted fan.
While we’re still talking about HIMYM, here’s 28 life lessons we all learnt from the show in it’s nine seasons. And here’s Vanity Fair’s take on the finale. I can’t believe there’s no more new episodes! *sobs*
This image was doing the rounds on Facebook the other day and I almost believed it… Until I realised it was April Fool’s Day. Not cool. Speaking of Friends, here’s 10 things you may not know about that awesomesauce show.
You MUST educate yourselves on these AWESOME Aussie TV shows from the ’90s! How have we kept living without Gladiator and Who Dare’s Wins?! All joking aside, The Adventures of Lano and Woodley was the bomb dot com. Check it out and you will die laughing!
So, clearly the American media knows absolutely NOTHING about the geography of Australia or our political leaders. PM Tony Abbott shall henceforth be known as John Abbot to me! Would it kill them to do some research?! This happens every time there’s a crisis involving Australia in some way – check out the ‘bushfire’ map at the bottom of the article from last year for further proof of this.
As always, my obligatory Buzzfeed roundup…
- 20 Puppies Cuddling With Their Stuffed Animals During Nap Time – so cute!!!
- 36 Painfully Adorable Pictures Of Puppies At Bathtime – even more cuteness!
- 23 Ways The Hanson Brothers Will Bring Out Your Inner 13-Year-Old – THEY’RE COMING TO AUSTRALIA. I am waaaay too excited about this!
- 31 Game-Changing Breakfast For Dinner Recipes – brinner is the BEST.
- 51 Questions We Need Answered In The “How I Met Your Mother” Series Finale – I’ll have to go back and check if these were actually answered.
- The 41 Ways To Sign Off An Email, Defined.
- 27 Hashtags Everyone In An Office Knows To Be True – so very true indeed…
- 13 Awesome Literary Mugs That Will Make Any Word Nerd’s Morning Brighter – I need ALL of these. I’m not even kidding. Well, except for The Shining!
- 26 Everyday Occurrences In Australia – this may be tongue in cheek, but it’s also totally true…
- 37 Pictures That Prove Australia Is The Craziest – explain to me again why I live in this crazy place!
- 21 Times Hamish & Andy Made Our Faces Hurt From Laughing – I love these guys, they always make me laugh. I hate that their radio show is on at 3pm though, such a stupid time for those of us that work!
- Which “Full House” Character Are You? I got Michelle Tanner, sounds about right to me!
- 10 Passive Aggressive Posters For The Irritating Moments In Your Life – the kittens make this truly adorable 🙂
- 57 Facts That Will Change The Way You Look At Harry Potter – I’m not sure Draco would’ve been as imposing if he name was ‘Draco Spinks’ as originally planned…
No posts from the blogosphere this week, I’ve incorporated a few above but I’ve been up since 5am (day trip to Melbourne for work) and, given that it’s almost midnight here, methinks it’s time for bed!
That’s all for this week folks, have a good one! I leave you with this: