March 25, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Top Ten Tuesday is THE bookish meme, hosted by the wonderful ladies at The Broke and the Bookish, the book blog that hooked me on all other book blogs! I’m a sucker for bookish memes, so here we go…
Today’s topic is Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List! My list is pretty eclectic, encompassing both blogging and reading related things I want to achieve, so here we go!
- STOP PROCRASTINATING. This relates to both reading and blogging – I procrastinate on which books I’m going to read and I procrastinate when writing blog posts. Case in point: it’s 10pm on Tuesday in Australia right now as I’m writing this post – I should’ve had this done in advance, and intend to plan more of my posts in advance going forward. This is a big one for me, I”m such a procrastinator in all facets of my life and this is no exception!
- Post book reviews more frequently. This is a subsect of the first one, ie procrastination. I have many books sitting and waiting to be reviewed, I just need to get around to it!
- Go to book conventions, author events and signings, and find out where they’re happening in my area. My ultimate dream is to go to BEA one day (Book Expo America) – actually, my ultimate dream is to live in NYC for a year and attend as many bookish events as possible 🙂 I have heard that they’re holding a BEAus later this year (Book Expo Australia), so maybe a trip to Sydney will be in order…
- Tick off items on my bookish travel bucket list. Some of the big ones are in England – Stratford upon Avon, aka Shakespeare Country, and the places in Austen’s books, especially Pride and Prejudice – Derbyshire, Hertforshire, Pemberley in the BBC P&P… The list is pretty endless but I’ll get there eventually! (I hope…)
- Read 100 books this year – that’s the target I’ve set on Goodreads and I need to get cracking…
- Make some headway in my TBR pile. It’s at over 500 books and still growing… Although it’s pretty hard to make headway when I keep adding books, because there’s SO many great books to read out there!
- Comment more on other blogs. I’ve always been slack at this and I really appreciate all your comments, so I should definitely return the favour. The way I look at it, if I like receiving comments then I’m sure others do! 🙂
- Broaden my horizons and read books from genres I wouldn’t automatically pick up. I’m not big on change but how will I know what awesomesauce books are out there if I’m not reading them?
- Be more in the loop. I am ALWAYS out of the loop with new releases and what’s awesome in the book world – I didn’t even know what Divergent was six months ago… I KNOW. I need to make myself more aware!
- Do more reading/blogging challenges. Next on my list, the April Blogging from A-Z Challenge! Sounds like a lot of fun, hopefully I can find the time to do it 🙂
- Grow my blog and keep at it. I’m really enjoying blogging and I fully intend to stick with it!
How about you, what did you have on your list? Have you got any others that you could recommend to me?