March 19, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Welcome to another edition of Wednesday’s Weekly Wrap-Up! For lack of a better title, this is where I share with you all of the (mostly bookish) interesting bits and pieces I’ve bumbled across in the past week 🙂
This is going to be a bit of a short one, I’ve not had much time this past week to spend on other blogs or really on the internet at all. I’m gonna have to get better organised now that it’s footy season again 🙂
I was going through all the things I wanted to post and realised that almost everything relates to Australia in some way or another… Not quite sure how that happened! Maybe it’s an unintentional follow-on from my Top Ten Tuesday last week? Anyways, here’s what I’ve got!
Readings posted their list of 20 Australian books to read in your 20s, and it’s no surprise how many I’ve read… A grand total of zero! I will have to change that, and I’ve got just under 4 years to do it in 🙂
These books actually exist – my favourites were P.S. Your Cat Is Dead and Kat Kong :
I adore this tweet, especially the picture – it sums me up perfectly using one of my favourite TV shows.
As always, my obligatory Buzzfeed roundup – this week, most of it came from Buzzfeed Australia…
- 40 Uniquely Australian Experiences To Add To Your Bucket List – I’ve done the Great Ocean Road and the Twelve Apostles, I’ve panned for gold at Sovereign Hill near Ballarat, and I’ve been to Port Arthur. THAT’S IT. 4/40 is not good enough at all, although some of the things on this list scare me – I ain’t swimming with sharks for anybody!
- 100 Things Australians Are Sick Of Hearing – There are SO many things on this list that I HATE, way too many to list here. The worst of the worst, though, would HAVE to be number 100, “Chuck another shrimp on the barbie.” We don’t call it a ‘shrimp’, IT’S A PRAWN DAMMIT! And I totally burst out laughing at number 79, someone’s actually said that to me before 🙂
- The Greatest Love Story Australia Has Ever Seen Is Coming To An End – Farewell Rhonda and Ketut, it was good while it lasted 🙂
- 17 Outrageous Examples Of Rip Off Australia – The tomato sauce thing is the WORST. So’s the price increase for living down under.
- 17 Maps Of Australia That Will Make Your Mind Boggle – Some perspective on this vast country of ours compared to other parts of the world.
- Which Strong Female Character Are You? – I got Olivia Pope from Scandal! She’s pretty kickarse so I’m happy with that 🙂
- Which TV/Movie High School Would You Attend? – I got Padua High School from 10 Things I Hate About You! School with Heath Ledger, yes please!
In The Blogosphere – Posts I Liked
- Kat from Pub(lishing) Crawl wrote a great article about when authors should “show”, when they should “tell” and when they should do a bit of both. This was actually something I’d been thing about when reading a particular book recently, because I thought the author was pretty much just telling and not showing AT ALL, which was driving me mad. This gave me some great perspective and coherently set out what I’d been trying to articulate to myself in my own head (it wasn’t going well!), so thanks Kat!
- Sarah Dessen wrote about attending the Veronica Mars premiere with Kristen Bell, Veronica Mars herself! It made me excited just to read about this 🙂
- Steph from Cuddlebuggery released the first part of the results for their survey on blog reader habits. Part 1 focused on non-bloggers and threw up some interesting stats that I was not expecting. I’m looking forward to part 2, which will focus on those surveyed who identified as bloggers.
That’s all for this week folks, have a good one! This is what I’m going to do right now methinks…