February 19, 2014 by Bernadette ~ The Bumbling Bookworm
Welcome to another week of Wednesday’s Weekly Wrap-Up! For lack of a better title, this is where I share with you all of the (mostly bookish) interesting bits and pieces I’ve bumbled across in the past week, really anything that takes my fancy 🙂
J.K. Rowling is releasing a new book under her Robert Galbraith pseudonym, Silkworm, which is due to be released in June 2014. The Cuckoo’s Calling is on my ever-growing TBR list, I really should get to it…
Speaking of JKR, Bookriot says that her mistake was not pairing Ron and Hermione together, as mentioned in a previous post. Rather, Bookriot makes the argument that JKR’s mistake was adding the epilogue in the first place. I’m not sure that I agree, but then I am the type that prefers the neat-and-tidy-with-a-bow kind of ending!
It’s the 20th anniversary of the movie Heavyweights! My brother and I LOVED this movie when we were kids, we watched it so many times I reckon I could still quote it. Disney has put together some of their favourite moments, and I love each and every one 🙂
Epic Reads recommends 30 Contemporary YA Romance Reads – some of these I’ve read, but it’s a great list and most of those I haven’t read will be going straight on the TBR list… will it ever end?!
Also on Epic Reads, they also had a post on Mystery YA Pairings thatI found interesting – you have to think of a book to pair with each description. I”m hopeless at these sorts of things though…
Bookriot contemplates 5 bookish jobs that would make our lives as a reader so much easier – personally, I would love a book butler or a talk blocker!
Bookish Blogroll Round-Up
- Posh at Forever Young Adult considers 152 reasons why she loves You’ve Got Mail, and I love every single one!
- Liz at Along for the Read listed 100 things she loves, in honour of Valentine’s Day – an interesting take on celebrating this ‘holiday’ which was far more my style 🙂
- Alexa from Alexa Loves Books ran the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon, along with Katelyn from Kate’s Tales of Books and Bands – it looked like a lot of fun, I’m so participating next year, no excuses!
- Maggie of Just a Couple More Pages looked at honesty in our critiques when blogging, and she made a lot of valid points that are helpful to me as a newbie blogger.
- Lauren at Love is Not a Triangle considered what to do when a series doesn’t live up to the hype and breaks your heart – thankfully this hasn’t happened to me yet, but there’s a first time for everything…
And lastly, let’s wrap this up with the Ten Commandments of Clueless, thanks to the procrastination wonder that is Buzzfeed:
Update on the Full House marathon – I’m now up to the tail end of season 5… Addicted doesn’t even begin to cover it, I need help!